Reviewing Duck Donuts

Tobi Oranu
A dozen of Duck Donuts’ donuts served in their box.

Originally from North Carolina’s Outer Banks, Duck Donuts, has made its way into Illinois with three locations. I visited the one in Naperville, Ill. and got a variety of their donuts, including their Blueberry Lemonade donut, Blueberry Pancake donut, Cinnamon Bun donut, French Toast donut, Maple Bacon donut, Pina Colada donut, Sunrise donut, The Boardwalk donut, glazed donut, Cookies and Cream donut and Cinnamon Sugar donut.

These are some of the best donuts I’ve ever had in my life, and I’ll be ranking them in order from my favorite to my least favorite.

Cinnamon Sugar

By far, this was my favorite donut I tried. It tastes exactly like a churro, and I would rate it a 10/10.

Cinnamon Bun

This donut is just like the cinnamon sugar version but with icing. When I tried this donut, the icing had a tendency to break off. I would rate it a 9.5/10.

Pina Colada

The donut was a lemon donut with coconut shreds. It was very refreshing, and I would rate it 9.5/10.

French Toast

The donut was a maple frosted donut with powdered and cinnamon sugar. It tastes exactly like french toast, and I would rate it 9.5/10.

The Boardwalk

The donut was a glazed donut with Oreo crumbles and a vanilla drizzle. Overall, it was very good. I would rate it 9/10.

Cookies and Cream

The donut was a vanilla glazed donut with Oreo crumbles and a fudge drizzle. In my opinion, The Boardwalk is better. I would rate it 9/10.

“I had the cookies and cream, and it was one of the best donuts I’ve ever had before,” said Mason Baskel, junior. “I’ll give it a 9/10.”

Sunrise

The donut had a lemon icing and a raspberry drizzle. It was very fruity, and I would rate it 9/10.

Blueberry Lemonade

The donut had blueberry icing and a lemon drizzle. Again, it was very fruity. I would rate it 9/10.

Maple Bacon

The donut had maple icing and bacon bits on it. It was a nice variation with both sweet and savory aspects. I would rate it 9/10.

Blueberry Pancake

The donut had blueberry icing, a maple drizzle and powdered sugar on it. It was very good. I would rate it 8.8/10.

Glazed

It was just a classic glazed donut with nothing extra special on it. Still, it was very good. I would rate it 8.5/10.

“I had the glazed donut,” said Chichi Oranu, junior. “It was the best glazed donut ever and it was very yummy.”

Duck Donuts is located in Naperville and serves a variety of donut flavors. (Tobi Oranu)

Overall, I would give Duck Donuts a 9.1/10. To learn more about the restaurant, click here.