• December 20Congratulations to our Pet Photo Contest Winners: 1st Place-Kendall Butler, 2nd Place-Ainsley Wallace, 3rd Place-Thomas King & Sophia Garza

• December 5Follow us on Instagram and Twitter! @hcdevilsadvo

Varsity Club chooses super homecoming theme

With the superhero homecoming theme this year, students decorated 
around the school. In the courtyard the bushes around the pond are covered in spiderwebs in tribute to Spider-Man.

With the superhero homecoming theme this year, students decorated around the school. In the courtyard the bushes around the pond are covered in spiderwebs in tribute to Spider-Man.

Michaela Malec

Michaela Malec

Michaela Malec

Homecoming is just around the corner, and students are getting ready for this year’s theme: superheroes. For the theme’s selection process, the Varsity Club board members prepared homecoming slideshows with ideas for themes, and then the club voted on them. Sydney Thayer, junior and co-president of Varsity Club, came up with the theme this year.

In the previous years, students have enjoyed the homecoming themes, and Varsity Club wanted the same reaction from the students this year. Last year’s theme was “Back to the ’80s”, and received a lot of positive feedback from students. Some of the ideas that didn’t make the cut for this year were medieval, enchanted forest, camping, NYC, and carnival.

“We felt like last year’s theme was very successful,” said Mrs. Stephanie Hiffman, Varsity Club co-sponsor.

Michaela Malec
Spiderman decorations are hanging around the school to get students excited about “Spider-Man: Homecoming” which is the homecoming movie that will be playing on the football field after the powder puff football game.

Students from different grade levels are excited for this year’s theme because it is unique in comparison to themes of previous years.

“We thought that with ‘Infinity War: Part One’ coming out last spring and part two coming out next spring it is a good time because superheroes are very popular,” said Kayleigh Excell, junior and member of Varsity Club.

Student Council designed various activities for students to take part in during the week leading up to the dance. 

“There’s going to be dress days, a movie night, sports events, pancake breakfast, and pep rallies,” said Mrs. Jill Tylk, Varsity Club co-sponsor.

Dress days are going to take place next week from Monday, Sept. 17 to Friday, Sept. 21. The powder puff game will be on Sunday, Sept. 16 and there will be a movie screening of “Spider-Man: Homecoming” afterward.

Students can purchase tickets for homecoming at the door for $20. There will be a master of ceremonies, part of the DJ, hyping up the crowds during the dance and there will also be t-shirts that are going to be handed out during homecoming week.

Homecoming will be on Saturday, Sept. 22 and in the field house.

Masah Mourad, Writer

Masah Mourad is a junior that loves to eat fries. She enjoys many activities such as traveling, painting, and hanging out with her friends. When she’s...