Europe trip meeting previews next year’s spring break

On Tuesday, Jan. 23, the interest meeting for the 2019 Europe spring break trip was held in the Community Room for students and their parents to attend.

Marelena Halikias

Marelena Halikias

For spring break of 2019, the school is organizing a trip to Europe open to all students. The group will travel with ACIS to France, Switzerland, Germany, and Austria from Thursday, March 21 through Saturday, March 30.

Mount Pilatus, Lucerne, Switzerland.

“There is nothing that can parallel a trip like this; it’s something you need to experience to get the same effect,” said Mrs. Susan Grady, German teacher.

This excursion is for students who want to apply their language, history and art knowledge to the real world.

According to the ACIS participant registration booklet, “You’ll discover other cultures and you’ll also learn more about your own. Not only will you improve language skills, but you’ll gain the confidence to use them.”

The group will first fly into Paris to see the Eiffel Tower and the garden of Versailles. From there, students will board the high speed TGV Lyria train to Switzerland. In Switzerland, the group will visit Lucerne and see Mount Pilatus. From there they will travel to Engelberg.

To fit everything in, students will be busy from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day on the trip. However, despite its hectic schedule, organizers are hopeful that it will be worth it and provide students with a new perspective.

Marelena Halikias
The turnout for the meeting was high, with some attendees even having to stand outside the room to hear the information.

“When I was a student, a trip to Europe truly changed my life and put my life in a new direction,” Mrs. Grady said.

In Vaduz, Germany, the group will board a bus for a six hour ride to Neushwanstein. Then, the group will go on a gondola ride overlooking a vast scenery of mountains and visit the Dachau concentration camp for a tour.

A day trip to Salzburg, Austria and a bike ride in Munich take up the last few days of the voyage.

“I’m looking forward to signing up but I don’t know if there are enough spots left,” said Max Byrd, sophomore.

At the interest meeting, organizers did not provide a limit for who can attend, and everyone was given a registration booklet.

According to trip organizers, this adventure is a great opportunity for students who are looking to make pairings with things they learn in classes like art, history, architecture and more.

For more information on the Europe trip, contact Mrs. Tortorello or Mrs. Grady. Click here to register online.

Scott Bitautas, Writer

Scott is a junior writer who loves playing basketball and tends to spend most of his day outdoors. Scott spends his summers swimming in Lake Michigan and...