“Kung Fu Panda 4” doesn’t live up to series’ expectations

Tobi Oranu
“Kung Fu Panda 4” follows Po in his fight against villains from his past.

On Friday, March 8, “Kung Fu Panda 4” was released in theaters. The film stars Jack Black as Po, the panda protagonist, Awkwafina as Zhen, a fox criminal, Bryan Cranston as Li Shan, James Hong as Mr. Ping and Ke Huy Quan as Han.

This movie is about Po going on an adventure with Zhen to stop the Chameleon, a sorceress who can transform into anyone she wants. The two face betrayal and power struggles, forcing past villains of the series to come out of the shadows.

“It was…unnecessary,” said Josh Ukoha, junior.

Overall, this movie was relatively good. However, I didn’t think it was any better than the last three films in the series. I thought this movie had so much potential when I heard that the three villains from the last three movies were coming back, but I was really disappointed with what the film did with the villains. As well, they only got around two minutes of screen time, making the film a whole lot worse.

“Kung Fu Panda 4” was produced by Universal Studios. (Tobi Oranu)

“It wasn’t my favorite,” said Martin Contraeras, junior.

I would rate “Kung Fu Panda 4” as relatively middle ground because I feel like this movie was unnecessary. Specifically, I believe that the series should have ended at the third movie.

“I would rather they wouldn’t have made this movie at all,” said John Klimek, junior.

You can watch “Kung Fu Panda 4” at theaters near you.