Drama Club presents “Mutually Assured Destruction”

Clara Pappas
“Mutually Assured Destruction” took place on Oct. 12-14 in Central’s auditorium.

On Oct. 12-14, the Hinsdale Central Drama Club performed the play “Mutually Assured Destruction” in the school’s auditorium.

According to Playscripts, a broadway licensing site, this play is about sibling relationships and is split into ten separate episodes spanning across a century. Each section focuses on a specific aspect of sibling dynamics, ranging from arguments about parental separation to escape plans.

This play was exciting,” said Tommy Costello, junior who went to see the performance. “It was a really nice and awesome play.”

The play included a small cast of all grade levels and stage crew members. 

“[Everything worked] out fine. I worked the lights,” said Tony Annoreo, junior who worked behind the scenes.

Part of working the stage also meant that the members had to ensure smooth transitions between scenes and the intermission.

“I’m glad [with] how this play turned out, the actors were really good,” said Zaina Abdin, director and English teacher. 

Overall, this play was one of the best plays I’ve seen in a long time. It taught me about how if siblings do not compromise, they will both be destroyed. Obviously, this is a strong takeaway in life, but with the added humor, it made the lesson enjoyable. 

The actors showed a lot of emotion between happiness and sadness, and it helped build the overall watching experience of the play.

The next stage performance will happen on Nov. 16-18, with the production of Puffs, a play about a magic school.