Top five fall movies for the season

Student+watches+The+Wolf+of+Wall+Street+on+Netflix.+
Anjika Kumar
Student watches “The Wolf of Wall Street” on Netflix.

With the fall season, it is the perfect time to cozy up with some fall movies.

“Remember the Titans

“Remember the Titans” is a movie about how an African American coach has to coach a racially integrated team.

“’Remember the Titans’ is my favorite movie on your list because I like football,” said Owen Stamer, junior. “That movie tells a good story.”

Overall, this film is really good. It teaches the viewer about leadership, perseverance and diversity.

“The Goonies”

“The Goonies” is about a group of kids who live in Oregon attempting to save their homes. In doing so, they find a treasure map and go looking for treasure. However, there are many obstacles in the way.

This film teaches the audience about friendship, youth and courage.

“Good Will Hunting”

“Good Will Hunting” is about a smart man who works as a janitor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. When he solves a complex math problem, his talents are recognized by a professor. 

“‘Good Will Hunting’ is my favorite movie on your list because it is one of the greatest films ever made,” said Nathan Wietecha, junior.

“Good Will Hunting” teaches viewers that love is always worth it.

“Matilda”

“Matilda” is a movie about a girl who lives with bad parents and goes to school with a principal who is a bully. When Matilda realizes that she has telekinesis, she uses her powers to help her friends and fight back from her evil parents. 

This movie teaches the audience about knowledge, courage and justice.

“The Wolf of Wall Street”

“The Wolf of Wall Street” is about a man who takes an entry level job at the Wall Street Brokerage firm. He leaves to make his own firm with his broker friends and makes a huge profit off of taking millions from wealthy investors. Later, the FBI closed in on this business. 

“‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ is my favorite movie on your list because that movie is the funniest movie I’ve ever watched,” said Pietro Pamfili, junior. 

This movie teaches us about greed, corruption and addiction. 

You can watch “Remember the Titans” on Disney+, “The Goonies” on Sling TV, “Good Will Hunting” on Max and “Matilda” and “The Wolf of Wall Street” on Netflix.