Back to School Bash kicks off school year

On+Friday%2C+Aug.+17%2C+the+school+held+its+annual+Back+to+School+Bash+at+the+Tower+Field.+

On Friday, Aug. 17, the school held its annual Back to School Bash at the Tower Field.

Marelena Halikias

Marelena Halikias

Marelena Halikias

On the evening of Aug. 17, the Back to School Bash took place on Tower Field after the Red and White football scrimmage. The evening included dancing, jumping on bouncy houses and playing human foosball.

“The bash is sort of like a welcome back to school party, it’s great because it’s free,” said Thomas Williams, senior. “We want to get everyone in the spirit and set up the start of a great school year.”

Marelena Halikias
Activities included giant jenga, music, a bouncy house, and an inflatable volleyball court.

Before the bash, the annual Red and White football scrimmage took place on Dickinson Field to kick off the football season. The varsity game started at 7:30 p.m. and it gave the varsity players an opportunity to play their positions in a quick game lasting about 30 minutes.

“The best part of the bash was for sure the dancing. It was so cool to see everyone just letting their guard down and jamming with their friends,” said Ambika Sharma, senior. “I think there was an excellent turnout. A lot of people who said there was no way they were going to show up ended up going and having the best time which was amazing to see.”

Student Council, led by Mrs. Sally Phillip and Mrs. Kristen Bronke, set up the bash before the end of the scrimmage as well as cleaned up all of the trash at the end of the night.

“The point [of the event] is to welcome everybody back to the school year,” said Mrs. Phillip, activities director. “And to kick things off on an active note and provide an opportunity for kids to get involved.”

Last year the bash was held inside in the field house. However this year the bash was moved outside, which made room for a bigger dance floor, giant Jenga, spike ball games, and a bouncy house.

“I had so much fun at the bash with my friends,” said Abby Turec, freshman. “It was so fun to dance around with people I recognized with school and meet new people.”

The Back to School Bash encouraged students to get involved early on in the year and become excited for the start of the school year. 

The next school-wide event will be held on Sunday, Sept. 16 at 10 a.m. where students of all grade levels are encouraged to come out to the senior lot and build their grades’ homecoming floats.

Leah Stevens, Section Editor

Leah Stevens is a senior who is constantly seen with a smile on her face and she loves to make people laugh. She lives by the motto "YOLO", and if you...

Marelena Halikias, Photographer

Marelena Halikias is a senior photographer for Devils' Advocate. She can commonly be found crying over reruns of The Joy of Painting, offering to sell...