MOTW Coffee and Pastries opens in Lombard

MOTW+Coffee+and+Pastries+sells+Arabic+desserts+and+various+coffee+drinks.++
Sadiyah Alam
MOTW Coffee and Pastries sells Arabic desserts and various coffee drinks.

On Feb. 3, MOTW Coffee and Pastries opened at 109 S. Main St. in Lombard. The cafe sells coffee and Arabic pastries. It is open from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. every weekday and 9 a.m. to 12 a.m. on weekends.

Shazaib Sohail, the CEO of MOTW Coffee and Pastries, opened new branches across the country in Chicago, Indianapolis and New Haven.

“When we finally felt comfortable, we decided to come here, open up in Chicago,” Sohail said. “We’ve had an amazing turnout.”

Ayesha Ali, senior, enjoyed the spaciousness of the area and the customer service.

“When I went to the cafe, I immediately felt like I was in a safe place,” Ali said. “It was a great place for leisure time, and I felt so relaxed.”

The cafe had indoor and outdoor seating for customers to enjoy their coffees and pastries. Their cafe has a unique Turkish wall with mirrors around, giving it a very Middle Eastern and authentic look. 

A wall mural in MOTW Coffee and Pastries. (Sadiyah Alam)

They also had a mural of people to showcase diversity and to make the space feel welcoming for everyone.

“MOTW has always been about forming a very calm and exciting community around us,” Sohail said. “I think we’re doing an amazing job because I see so many repeat customers, and everyone feels so comfortable in our shop.”

Their menu consists of all types of lattes and coffees with flavorings such as white chocolate, caramel, english toffee, hazelnut, coconut, vanilla, matcha, date cardamom and peanut butter. 

Their specialty lattes with unique flavors that are more common in European countries are nice for people to try out.

“I got their vanilla latte with chai, and it was so exquisite,” said Rida Maheen, senior. “It was so flavorful and I come here every week for this drink.”

To learn more about MOTW Coffee and Pastries, click here.