Prom dress styles change for the 2024 season

Amrita Chhangani
Clara Pappas, senior, and Helena Tragas, senior, wear dresses with corsets sewn into their dresses.

Hinsdale Central’s Prom is on Saturday, April 13 at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. With the new season, many different dress styles are becoming more and more popular.

Ruffled Tiered Dress

Caroline Matricaria’s, senior, prom dress with a floral print, one shoulder and ruffled tiered look. (Sadiyah Alam)

Many students are going for the ruffled tiered look this year.

“I’ve always loved the ruffle tiered look,” said Caroline Matricaria, senior. “I saw someone on Tik Tok who had a similar dress [to mine], and [I] loved it.”

This style is elegant, with the layers and shimmery borders bringing extravagance to the dress.

“I like this dress because it’s very different and unique,” Matricaria said.

Off-the-Shoulder Dress

Ella Simmons’, senior, prom dress with a floral print and ruffles. (Sadiyah Alam)

The off-the-shoulder look is a timeless trend, and it gives off a very fancy look to one’s outfit.

I always wanted to wear a floral dress with this style, and I love light spring and summer colors,” said Ella Simmons, senior.

This style comes with several patterns, and one can wear it plain, with florals, or with sequins.

Corset

Jocelyn Dodenhoff’s, senior, prom dress with shades of pink and purple petals. (Sadiyah Alam)

People have been wearing corsets throughout almost all of history. It’s a great style to look sophisticated and extraordinary while giving a beautiful grace of femininity.

“I love the corset style because I think it beautifies the gown in a perfect way,” said Jocelyn Ddenhoff, senior.

A corset can be styled with jewelry, and it can also give the dress a very striking look with the fabric falling below the corset.

Floral Dress

Campbell Jones’, senior, prom dress with embroidered rose gold sequins and a floral pattern. (Sadiyah Alam)

Floral dresses are here to stay for the summer, creating a beautiful look with floral patterns and vibrant colors.

As well, floral dresses tie into the concept of Prom perfectly, symbolizing elegance and the new season.

“I love the color pink, and I think it perfectly represents spring and what prom means,” said Campbell Jones, senior.

To learn more about popular Prom dress styles, click here.