• December 20Congratulations to our Pet Photo Contest Winners: 1st Place-Kendall Butler, 2nd Place-Ainsley Wallace, 3rd Place-Thomas King & Sophia Garza

• December 5Follow us on Instagram and Twitter! @hcdevilsadvo

The perfect studying playlist

As students prepare for AP Exams and finals, many listen to music while studying to simultaneously calm their nerves and make the most of their study session.

Courtesy of gradeslam.org

With AP exams in progress and finals approaching, I have compiled a study playlist to help students get in the zone for focused studying.

With instrumental music ranging from classical music to the Minecraft soundtrack, this playlist will have you wired and relaxed at the same time. Some say Classical music is the best type of music to listen to while studying for being harmonious and peaceful.

“During finals each semester my Spotify is constantly on,” said Murphy Juska, senior. “I usually just look up instrumental playlists created by Spotify.”

According to study.com relaxing music can help students beat stress or anxiety while studying. It also can improve your mood and aid your mental endurance during those long study sessions.

“I can’t listen to music while reading but it helps me concentrate while doing homework,” said Jaci Dynis, sophomore.

Even though the playlist is over an hour long to last you through those (seemingly) never-ending cram sessions,  I suggest listening to six or seven songs from the playlist at a time and then taking a break because research has shown studying is more effective distributed through small amounts of time. Breaking your studying up into ten or 20 minute chunks with full concentration can be beneficial.

Whether or not you listen to classical, rock, acoustic, or any other genre of music while studying, there’s no doubt that listening to music is always a relaxing aid when class load gets heavy.

“Music is a necessity for me while studying,” said Will Kallas, junior. “I need it to get motivated and keep me focused.”

Scott Bitautas, Writer

Scott is a junior writer who loves playing basketball and tends to spend most of his day outdoors. Scott spends his summers swimming in Lake Michigan and...