Girls’ basketball team loses 35-32 to Hinsdale South

Varsity+players+cheer+on+their+teammates+from+the+sidelines+on+Nov.+28.+
Sam Wheeler
Varsity players cheer on their teammates from the sidelines on Nov. 28.

On Nov. 28, the varsity girls basketball team played Hinsdale South. The Hornets defeated the Devils by 3 points, with the game ending 35-32. 

The Devils had six assists and nine steals and included 17 rebounds. The Devils have a record of 2-4; however, a 0-1 in conference games. 

In preparation for their games, the varsity girls work on having a good team dynamic.

“We are a group of six returners and we’re all doing our best to help lead the underclassman and doing stuff outside of practice like pasta parties and team breakfasts,” said Luella Sheehan, senior. 

The Devils are also working on new ways to improve their game such as new

Grace Dolan, junior and varsity player, makes a basket during the game. (Sam Wheeler)

plays.

“We’ve added more plays that showcase the best skills from each individual player as well as working to help the team find the best [open] shots,” said Julia Sheriptis, junior. 

In terms of the game being played against Hinsdale South, there is a rivalry between the Central and South teams. 

“We all feel the rivalry 100% and these are always fun games for us and we always wanna keep showing who the better team is,” Sheehan said. 

In terms of improvements for the upcoming games the Devils are focusing more closely on communication.

“I would say that our communication encore can be a little better,” said Katherine Skinner, senior. “Especially when we become quiet and almost become five individuals…communication and bringing each other up.” 

Even when times get harder the team is working on persevering throughout the games. 

“When things kind of don’t go our way in the game but we know we can get back into it,” Sheriptis said. 

To read more about the Hinsdale Central Girls Varsity Basketball team please visit this link.