Super Bowl LVIII: fever dreaming

Yusra Shakaib
Usher and Alicia Keys performed “My Boo” wearing a red and white color scheme.

Lights. Cameras. Action.

Reba McEntire performs the National Anthem in her own special way, causing the players to shed tears. Then, McEntire instantly wins a Grammy for her performance.  

The game kicks off in Las Vegas, and the Chiefs lead with a touchdown by Patrick Mahomes.  

The game continues with the 49ers scoring a touchdown to tie the game 7-7.

“I love Reba and her winning a Grammy on the scene would’ve been so goated,” said Beatrice Murphy, junior.

Suddenly, Usher takes the stage. The beaming lights hit him, and woah! Who’s that with him? It’s Justin Bieber. They perform so well, wearing matching outfits and singing “Somebody to Love.” Bieber then announces that he’s going on tour.

“That would be amazing,” said Maryam Gazi, junior. “I love Justin Bieber, [and] I wish he would go on tour.”

Following that performance, there’s been a power outage. Oh no! The power went out in the 49ers locker room. The power outages cause the players to trip over one another and injure each other badly. 

Only Nick Bosa was able to play, but he couldn’t take the Chiefs on by himself. Taylor Swift, Blake Lively and their entire suite are cheering as the referees announce that the 49ers must forfeit the game. 

Just then, the unthinkable happens.

Usher and Bieber come out from the stage and form their own team along with Alicia Keys, Adele, Michael Jordan, Shaq and, awkwardly, Selena Gomez. They call themselves the Underdogs. 

Jordan quickly scores a touchdown with Shaq constantly blocking his defenders. Shaq causes Isiah Pacheco to give up on this game. 

The team destroys the Chiefs 100-7.

Out of frustration and embarrassment, Swift breaks up with Travis Kelce on the jumbotron. Kelce takes his frustration out on Andy Reid, causing a big fight between himself and Reid. Swift takes Ice Spice and Lively on her private jet and never attends another football game again.

Mahomes is even more upset, and he throws his helmet out of anger. It hits Usher, causing a massive scandal and lawsuit. Mahomes decides to retire from football and becomes a school teacher in Kansas City. 

“If that were to actually happen, they would’ve destroyed them,” said Kotryinah Tomas, junior. 

However, none of that happened in Super Bowl LVIII. The game kicked off with a score of 0-0 in the first quarter. The second quarter entailed a three point field goal and a touchdown by the 49ers and a three point field goal by the Chiefs. 

Usher performed alongside Keys, H.E.R., Ludacris, Will.i.am and Jermaine Dupri. During his performance, Usher had circus performers and dancers roller skating around him. Unfortunately, Bieber didn’t perform alongside him at all. 

With a score of 19-19 in the fourth quarter, the game went into overtime. The 49ers won the coin flip and scored a field goal to bring the score to 22-19. However, the Chiefs won the final touchdown, making the final score 25-22. 

The Chiefs beat the 49ers with a touchdown in the fourth quarter scored by Mecole Hardman Jr.. (Yusra Shakaib)

“My friends and I were all waiting for Travis Kelce to propose,” said Laima Marchertas, senior.

To learn more about the real game, click here.